August 18, 2022
Technical program Manager Interview questions
I'm actually surprised, because if you're already on track for an interview, then you would have been helped by your recruiter. However, happy to share with you some of the things that I was helped with prior to my own interview. (I didn't give you everything as I'm not sure if everything is relevant).
How can I prepare for the interviews?
Familiarize yourself with Google as a whole, not just the role you are being interviewed for.
Type of questions that you can expect:
- Tell me about a time when a project you were managing was running seriously behind schedule, and what did you do about it?
- How do you keep track of project information?
- What was the last technical project you worked on? How were you involved technically?
- Tell me about a time when a group you were working with seemed to keep missing their deliverables; what did you do about it?
- What are the tools/processes you’ve used in the past to manage complex global teams? What are their weaknesses?
- How would you organize a project to do X? What tasks do you think would be important? What are the risks, and how would you mitigate them? How would you keep people informed of how the project is going?
- Tell me about a time when the goals you were given were ambiguous. What did you do? (Craziness of the project sanity check)
- What are the three most important things that you bring to your current job?
- Tell me about a project you were managing where a dispute between stakeholders threatened the success of the project, and what did you do?
- Give me some examples of ideas you've presented that required you to get your team's buy-in. How did you modify your behavior to influence your team members' opinions?
- Tell me about a time when you disagreed with the project direction and what did about it?
- How do you bridge the gap between product management and engineering?
- How do you get people to work together towards a common objective?
- How do you distinguish a group from a team? How do you make a group a team?
Remember that the interviewers are not just trying to figure you out for job fit, but also culture fit. Finally, all interviewers are there to help you, not punish or fail you - if you don't understand the question, just ask what they mean.a startup crowd sharing rocket crowdfunding amazon entrepreneur hotel management american heart association bls card mun brightspace financial samurai real estate crowdfunding beed course industry and entrepreneurship black business entrepreneurs distance learning courses nvq level 3 flint real estate crowdfunding ferpa iit madras online courses fashion entrepreneur msc degree
Share this article
Catering Sales Manager interview questions
January 5, 2020
Application Development Manager interview questions
December 13, 2020
Finance Manager interview questions
January 27, 2021